Energy Saving Tips from Our Savannah HVAC Specialists
Keeping Your Consumption Low Throughout the Year
With proper maintenance from a reliable Savannah HVAC specialist team like the one at Comfort Air Heating & Air Conditioning, your heating and cooling systems can remain at peak performance for a number of years.
If you notice a dramatic increase on your utility bills, it might be best to give us a call. We can come and perform a thorough inspection to determine if you need any repairs or an upgraded system. We can also provide you with a variety of tips as to how you can maintain a low bill and reduce your overall energy usage.
We offer an array of heating tips to help improve your energy usage in the colder months, including:
- Invest in a programmable thermostat
- Keep your thermostat at a low, but comfortable temperature
- Clean or replace furnace filters once a month
- Ensure that any heating vents are not blocked by carpeting, drapes, or furniture
- Keep blinds and draperies open when sunlight is hitting them to provide natural warmth to your home and close them at night to reduce the chill from cold windows
Reach out to Comfort Air Heating & Air Conditioning at (912) 712-4800 to learn more about ways to save energy and money.
Helping You Save During the Hotter Months
You may be surprised to discover that investing in a larger AC system will not necessarily improve your level of comfort in Savannah. In fact, a smaller system is often more efficient. This is due to the fact that air conditioning units often function better when they run for long periods of time. They can also make you feel more comfortable by removing moisture in the air after running for so long, which can also have a positive impact on your health.
Additionally, there are many other cooling tips we can provide to help you save energy, such as:
- Keep your thermostat as high as it is comfortable during the summer
- If the weather is dry, set your fan speed on high
- If the weather is humid, set your fan speed on low
- Ceiling fans are a great way to cool down a room at a low expense
- Do not place lamps or TV sets near air conditioning vents
- Invest in trees or shrubs to shade your AC unit without blocking the airflow
We encourage you to call our Savannah heating and cooling experts with any further questions and inquiries. Feel free to contact us at (912) 712-4800.