When was the last time you thought about your HVAC system? For most people, the thought doesn't cross their minds unless there is a problem. Your HVAC is easy to overlook when the system is keeping your home comfortable as it should. HVAC system maintenance is vital for maximizing the lifespan of your unit, maintaining energy efficiency, and keeping your home’s temperature pleasant year-round. Our experts at Comfort Air recommend preventative maintenance visits twice a year– once before the summer and once before the winter. This maintenance schedule ensures your system is prepared to handle the temperature extremes in the coming season.
Strong Reasons for HVAC Maintenance Service:
- Get your money’s worth out of your unit– Did you know that the average lifespan of an HVAC system is 15-20 years? Reaching the full lifespan is contingent on proper maintenance. Just like any other machine, keeping it clean and free from debris will be crucial for helping it reach its full potential.
- Avoid wasted energy– Did you know that an HVAC system can lose up to 15% of its energy efficiency annually if not properly maintained? Wasting energy can be avoided, but your utility bills will suffer as well. An efficient HVAC system will help you avoid wasting energy and money.
- Enjoy comfortable home temperatures–If your HVAC system’s components are dirty, clogged, or damaged, your home will fail to maintain its set temperature. Even just a simple clogged air filter will cause your unit to work much harder to cool or heat your home. Overtaxing your HVAC unit can easily lead to premature failure.
What Does Residential HVAC Maintenance Look Like?
Residential HVAC maintenance should be carried out by a professional and includes services like:
- Deep cleaning of your coils, elements, and drains
- Refrigerant pressure check
- Air filter check
- Motor, thermostat, and connections inspection
- Lubrication of parts
- Safety controls testing
If your HVAC unit is due for some TLC, call Comfort Air to schedule your professional HVAC maintenance. Beyond maintenance, we also provide residential installation and repairs. Our team is standing by to help you maximize your unit’s lifespan and keep your home comfy year-round.